South Dining Room, 4th Floor
United Nations Headquarters
GMIS Breakfast Session at the 73rd Edition of the United Nations General Assembly
“Leveraging advanced manufacturing technologies for the future of the global economy, environment and society”
This session will bring together a diverse panel of influential thinkers representing a range of gender, geographies, experiences and perspectives to discuss not only the importance of international cooperation in developing sustainable, inclusive, forward-looking practices but also the key role the manufacturing sector can play in achieving positive outcomes as we navigate this new era of disruption.
The United Arab Emirates, the Russian Federation, the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit (GMIS)
Senior Representative, United Arab Emirates
Mr. Li Yong, Director General, United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO)
Vasiliy Sergeevich Osmakov, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade, Russian Federation
• What opportunities are being presented by the emergence of Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies? What are policymakers doing to harness the potential of technological change in disrupting traditional industries?
• How are these technologies being adopted across developed and developing countries? What efforts are being launched to help bridge the digital divide? What more needs to be done and how can the international community support these efforts?
• With the ever-increasing emergence of 4IR technologies, what will be the impact on jobs of the future? Will these technologies negatively impact employment levels or create new jobs? And if new, more technical roles are required what can be done in terms of continuing education and up-skilling programmes to ensure employees are able to adapt to new and innovative technologies and be prepared for jobs of the future?
• What can policymakers do to facilitate a culture of innovation?
• How is the manufacturing sector evolving in line with technological innovation? What role can the manufacturing sector play in achieving sustainable, inclusive development goals and in contributing towards greater global prosperity?
Moderator: Mr. Badr Al-Olama, Head of the Organising Committee, Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit (GMIS)
H.E. Mr. Ibrahima Guimba-Saïdou, Minister and Special Advisor to the President; Director General, National Agency for the Information Society, Republic of the Niger
Ms. Ann Rosenberg, Senior Vice President & Global Head of SAP Next-Gen, a Purpose Driven Innovation University and Community
Mr. Hongjoo Hahm, Officer-in-Charge, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
Mr. Philippe Scholtes, Managing Director, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Mr. Badr Al-Olama, Head of the Organising Committee, Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit (GMIS)
Ms. Cecilia Ugaz Estrada, Director, Department of Policy Research and Statistics, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
Mr. Badr Al-Olama, Head of the GMIS Organising Committee
For additional information and further inquiries about this event, please contact:
Ms. Sarah Meredith
Phone : +971 55 8375072
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : gmisummit.com